Saturday, December 1, 2007

World AIDS Day

Isaac Asimov.

Howard Ashman.

Tony Azito.

Freddie Mercury.

Peter Allen.

Larry Kert.

Rudolf Nureyev.

Tina Chow.

Herb Ritts.

Michael Bennett.

I've never met any of these people, but I admire each and every one of them for their talent and what they did with it.

The Bicentennial Man.

Beauty and the Beast.

The Sergeant.

We Are The Champions.

Not The Boy Next Door.

Something's Coming.

Swan Lake. (And The Muppet Show!)

Mr. Chow.

All those GAP ads.

A Chorus Line.



They've each affected my life. Maybe in a small way, but they have, enough to make me cry when I think of what the art world lost. Of who the art world lost.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Claire. You have a blog and you didn't tell me? *prepares to kick claire until realizing that Claire does not actually deserve to be kicked*

I love you. :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you like both C.S. Lewis and Dostoevsky. Two brilliant philosophers, two drastically diametric philosophies. Awesome.

-Michael