Sunday, March 30, 2008

I don't know that I ever figured I'd be this jaded or this heartsick of being here, of having to deal with all this stuff and having to take it too personally. I think it's a side effect of empathy; I hate causing other people pain or annoyance and I tend to really beat myself up about it if I do.

I'd like to know who wins if I'm in the doldrums. I'd really like to know if anybody gets a runner's high off of that so I can beat them up and take their lunch money and then go back to being in the doldrums.

And I'd really like to live out of myself. I'd like to for once be concerned with something other than variations on the pronoun "I". I'm really tired of it.




Remember when life was funny? Remember when you ate Nutella out of the jar with a spoon? When it didn't matter?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats ok, Claire.

Feel free to rag about your troubles, the world is a hard place to live in.
Fortunately PG. Wodehouse entered it and made life bearable for the sophisticated masses.