Tuesday, October 16, 2007

popularity contests.

If my home-church pastor, The Right Reverend Ben Cotten, stands up in church and uses his God-given authority to command me to leave, what is he doing?

De-claring!



Now that you've all had a bit of a laugh-laugh, I wanted to talk a little bit about popularity.

I was homeschooled. This is not to say I didn't know about popularity.

Peter Kreeft talks about different worldviews emphasizing different "slices" of God.

I knew a slice of popularity. Maybe two slices of popularity.

Now I am in college and I know all.

We just had nominations for homecoming court. My sophomore friends are upset because the sophomores who got nominated are pretty faces but not really known for doing substantial things on campus.

By the time you're a junior or a senior at college, it's not quite so high school and the girls who get nominated are the ones who say hello to everyone and are active in everything.

That makes me happy to be a junior but I'm a little confused as to why we have homecoming court in the first place. Vestiges of my homeschool days? I think yes.

Side note: To the four people who voted for "Claire Ashton" to make homecoming court, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you. You're cute. Learn to spell my name right for next year.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Hahahahahahha!! That is the funniest joke that has ever been told.

Do, when you send and email is that an e-Claire?